Sunday, March 6, 2011

Roaming Pinkhead?

Yes it is true, I now have pink hair.  Hopefully it will only last for a grand total of 24 hours.  How did this happen you may ask?

A bit of backstory please...

Many of you know I did my own hair for years.  One day, Meg brought me to David who was more than happy to play with my hair-red with blonde streaks, deep mahogany, short, a bit longer, just doing his artistic thing.  Several times I would say "come on David, please do pink."  The answer was always emphatic NO.  He told me I would look ridiculous.  I actually thought to plan visits back to David just because I was freaked out about what would happen getting my hair done here. Still, the first time was decent enough-a bit too layered and long, but doable and she did fine on color.  Back to the real story.

So yesterday I go into the same person and am like, ok kick up the color like we did last time (and I pointed to the nice strawberry blonde) and cut less layers, but shorter.  So she mixes the color and comes out to put it on.  The color as paste was this bubble gum pink, but I was like, well sometimes it looks different in the bowl than on the head so whatever.  She rinses and what do I look like? An advertisement for Hubba Bubba.  She tries to correct it, to no avail-it is just bright pink with orange tones. I was furious, late for my date to go to the British High Commission Bar with my friend Amy, and starving.

Friends Amy and Greg said "own it" and Sandip said "can they at least make it black? It would be better."  David has said black is ALMOST as bad as pink.  So I am going back to the salon soon to see if they can correct it.  I don't have high hopes, but I do hope that I at least will not look like a 19 year old, at which time pink (or blue, purple, green, rainbow color) is perfectly normal and acceptable.

David I PROMISE I will never ask for pink again.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment